Wisconsin Chapter For Music Therapy
Committed to supporting students and professionals in the field of music therapy by advocating, educating and creating access to quality music therapy services.
- Create a Bio on our website
- Find a music therapist on our website!
- Network and connect with others working as MTs and with your population and learn and grow from one another
- Serve on a committee or on the board and build your resume and leadership skill sets
- Make friends and good connections that keep your cup filled and your fire burning for the profession!
- Fun social and professional events you can escape to for self care and belonging
- Stay connected with your State organization, even if your personal values do not align with supporting your regional or national one
- Your voice as a music therapist is heard and communicated on to regional and national organizations without demanding involvement as a member in them
- Facebook page helps keep members connected with one another along with special events
- Discounts on in-person and relevant CMTEs, while connecting with MTs in your State
- You get CMTEs for serving on the executive board
Music Therapist Perks
- MT of the year award – certificate $100 giftcard to West Music!
- Founders Fund awards – cash for conference for students
- Music Therapy Month proclamation and people to celebrate with
- Special Events to replenish and recharge
- Lynnae Sis – “I have truly enjoyed being a member of WCMT from early on as a student, to leading as the president as a professional. I was inspired as a student meeting working music therapists and learning from them at business meetings and CMTE courses. Being a part of a smaller organization helped me to feel like I belonged at larger events like conference, and gave me confidence to be an active member as a professional and in regional organization. Actually being part of the executive board has meant so much to me. It has fostered meaningful connections with music therapists that have led to all kinds of opportunities like being a clinician for students, giving me confidence to design an internship program, learning new intervention ideas to put into practice, and keeping on pace with what is going on outside my bubble of music therapy. I don’t feel alone. I feel a sense of community and support that recharges me and helps me to keep going as a music therapist and aspire to new things!”
Music Therapist of the Year
Richelle Kroening, MT-BC, WMTR
Music Therapist of the Year- 2022