- This is an employed position and is NOT a contract position. All hours worked are paid, all equipment is purchased by LIH, all overhead costs are LIH’s expenses, and you will have other perks of an employed position such as paid time off and a health care benefit.
- It is expected that your regular caseload will grow to fill 75% – 80% of your scheduled time at work. This time will include sessions, driving, documentation, meetings, planning, etc. The additional 20 – 25% of your time will be used for substitute visits, additional admin tasks, shared cleaning tasks, and other team-based tasks, etc.
- You must have reliable transportation to allow you to travel from LIH’s facility into the community for sessions. A good driving record is required to drive LIH’s company car and/or the Songbird Express (LIH’s mobile studio). Roughly 55% of our clients are seen in the community and 45% at our facility.
- LIH serves a wide population of individuals but currently provides most services to individuals with developmental disabilities, mental health needs/at risk youth, and/or neurologic impairment/injury.
- LIH is a growing private practice with diverse funding sources.
- LIH has a mobile music therapy studio called The Songbird Express. Part of your job may involve driving this studio to rural communities to provide services on the bus (parked). Thus, a good driving record would be required to take on this responsibility.
- This position requires documentation. You will have admin time built into your schedule to document sessions; however, accurate and effective documentation skills (such as dictation) are essential to keeping up with a growing caseload.
- Application Deadline: 7/15/2018 or until the position is filled.
- Start date: 7/17/2018 or 8/21/2018 (Negotiable if needed)
- Location: Services are provided at LIH’s facility in West Salem, WI and in the community. The candidate does not need to live within the West Salem/La Crosse area as our service region is roughly 60 miles from our facility. Living in a surrounding community such as Black River Falls or Viroqua may be a great possibility.
- Hours: One Full-time Position (40 hours per week); a second, part-time position may be opened by 9/1/2018 (TBC).
- Salary/benefits/details: Hourly – set # of hours every week. Consistent hourly wage for all tasks (i.e. driving, admin, clinical, planning, etc.), private health insurance, mileage reimbursment, PTO for personal/sick needs, PTO for education/training & PTO for paid holidays, SEP IRA, access to instrument library and various supplies, instrument stipend, CMTE stipend, HPSO/liability insurance, work computer, work phone, professional supervision, access to a shared company car, a 2,000 square foot clinical space, office assistant/secretary, and being part of an innovative team!
- Requirements: MT-BC credential (or within 2 weeks of hire), Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services License (WMTR), NMT (within 6 months of hire).
- Experience: The ideal candidate will have a minimum of one year experience working as a Neurologic Music Therapist in the following populations: Developmental Disabilities (Birth – 3, 3- 18, 18+), Mental Health (5 – adult), At-Risk-Youth, and other acquired neurologic disorders or injuries (i.e. stroke, TBI, etc.)
If you would like to be considered for this position and have an opportunity to join our team, please complete the short job application found on our website under the “Contact Us” & “Opportunities” tab. The Indeed job posting serves as a way to advertise the job; however, you must go to LIH’s website to apply.