|| Music Therapist, PT, Rhinelander
||Recreational, Occupational, Art or Music Therapist
This position will travel to Northwest Journey locations in Wausau and Rhinelander
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan, conduct, document and develop therapy group sessions as required by certification, funding source and program standards for children/adolescents with Mental Health disorders.
- Develop therapy programming and conduct group sessions that meet the individual client needs and overall needs of the program
- Modify mental health groups to meet the age and developmental needs of the clientele.
- Understand and implement individualized treatment plans. Effectively communicate with team members about treatment plans and strategies.
- Provide supervision and treatment of clients in accordance with least restrictive treatment measures
- Provide information to the clinical team for use in clinical staffing/discussions. Work as a treatment team member in delivering service to the clients.
- Maintain an understanding of mental health concepts, psychotropic medications, and client symptomology which allows for identification of client needs, implementation of the treatment plan and provision of quality mental health services.
- Complete mental health interventions as is necessary and appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator or Director/Deputy Director of Day Treatment and Clinical Services.
Qualifications — Education and/or Experience:
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree in Recreational Therapy
- Licensed/Certified as a Music Therapist by the state of Wisconsin.
- Certified as an Art Therapist by the Art Therapy Credentials Board
- Must qualify as an Occupational Therapist as defined by DHS 40.06 (4)(f):
- Have a bachelor’s degree.Meet the requirements of an Occupational Therapist as defined in DHS 105.28 (1)
- One year of educational or work experience serving children with mental health disorders
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats.
- Have demonstrated positive and proactive problem solving skills.
- Ability to receive and implement feedback. Ability to learn and adapt.
- Ability to work independently and within a team. Ability to be self-directed.
- Ability to generate and maintain a variety of documents — through either proficient use of basic Microsoft Office tools/computer programs and/or dictation.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
- May perform or aid in the performance of safety measures that involve physical intervention with clients when necessary and/or appropriate.
- Work in office areas and throughout the facility.