- Title: Music Therapist – Board Certified, Neurologic Music Therapist (desired)
- Application Deadline: 7/5/19 or until the position is filled.
- Start date: July – August 2019 (Negotiable)
- Location: 60 miles surrounding West Salem, WI. Location can be negotiable with desire to have the new hire cover our more northern (Jackson County) and northwestern service areas (Trempealeau County/Winona County). Location can be discussed.
- Hours: Full-time Position (35 – 40 hours per week to begin). Part-time employment (< 34 hours per week) can be discussed if desired by the applicant.
- Requirements: MT-BC credential, Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services License (WMTR), NMT (within 6 months of hire).
- Salary/benefits/details: Hourly (with a set consistent number of hours every week). Consistent hourly wage for all tasks (i.e. driving, admin, clinical, planning, etc.). Additional benefits include private health insurance, mileage reimbursment ($.58/mile), PTO (separate yearly amounts for personal, holiday, emergency/illness, continuing education, and bereavement), Simple IRA, many instruments accessible at all times, instrument stipend, annual CMTE stipend, HPSO/liability insurance, assigned work cell phone, professional supervision, access to two shared company cars, a 2,000 square foot clinical space, office assistant/secretary, and being part of an innovative team!
Important information to know if you are considering applying for this position:
- Anticipated Schedule: Tuesday – Saturday (late AM – 7:15 PM); Saturdays (8:30 AM – early afternoon).
- This is an employed position and is NOT a contract position. All hours worked are paid, all equipment is purchased by LIH, all overhead costs are LIH’s expenses, and you will have other perks of an employed position such as paid time off and a health care benefit.
- It is expected that your regular caseload will grow to fill 75% – 80% of your scheduled time at work. This time will include sessions, driving, documentation, meetings, planning, etc. The additional 20 – 25% of your time will be used for substitute visits, additional admin tasks, shared cleaning tasks, and other team-based tasks, etc.
- Roughly 55% of our clients are seen in the community and 45% at one of our three facilities.
- LIH serves a wide population of individuals but currently provides most services to individuals with developmental disabilities, mental health needs/at risk youth, and/or neurologic impairment/injury. LIH is also seeking applicants with experience in a hospital or medical setting.
- LIH is a growing private practice with diverse funding sources.
- LIH has a mobile music therapy studio called The Songbird Express. Part of your job may involve driving this studio to rural communities to provide services on the bus (parked). Thus, a good driving record would be required to take on this responsibility.
- This position requires documentation for every visit provided. You will have admin time built into your schedule to document sessions; however, accurate and effective documentation skills (such as dictation) are essential to keeping up with a growing caseload.
- Experience: The ideal candidate will have a minimum of one year experience working as a Neurologic Music Therapist in two or more of the following populations: Developmental Disabilities (Birth – adult ), Mental Health (5 – adult), At-Risk-Youth, and other acquired neurologic disorders or injuries (i.e. stroke, TBI, etc.), pediatric hospital or other medical setting.
- Neurologic Music Therapy (NMT) training completed within six months of hire
- Clean Wisconsin Caregiver Background Check and Department of Justice Criminal History Report as well as for all states lived in within the past four (4) years
- Wisconsin Music Therapy Licensure (WMTR)
- Proficient typing skills with experience using G Suite products
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to move easily from sitting on the floor to standing various times in a 60 minute period
We can’t wait to hear from you if you…
- Are a Neurologic Music Therapist (NMT) or an MT-BC with a passion to become an NMT as soon as possible.
- Utilize and demonstrate soft skills in your work on a regular basis.
- Emphasis on leadership, teamwork, communication, problem solving, work ethic, adaptability, and interpersonal skills.
- You are willing to be flexible.
- Are organized and possess strong time management skills.
- Desire a fast-paced work environment with a diverse caseload.
- Feel comfortable being involved in marketing and networking opportunities to promote music therapy in our community.
- Complete documentation, treatment goals and objectives, and prep work efficiently.
- Are a self-starter and enjoy having independence in the work place.
- Independently ask for help when needed.
- Appreciate excellent customer service.
- Are confident when using your voice unaccompanied.
- Demonstrate excellent clinical skills including improvisation.
- Desire to work within a team setting.
- Are passionate about working with at-risk youth and individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Have a reliable vehicle and eager to take on WI winter weather.
- Look forward to working in various settings & communities throughout the work day and work week.
- Are not looking to start your own business.