|| Music Therapist-FT, Appleton
||Expressive Therapies LLC
Summary: To provide music therapy services centered around the unique and individual needs of each patient according to their plan of care; meet the needs of all customers including patients, significant others, family members/guardians/parents, physicians, and other staff; work in multi-disciplinary teams in order to deliver a full range of services and participate in team based continuous improvement.
Duties: Music therapist responsible for:
- Implementing group and individual music therapy sessions.
- Completing initial assessments as referred.
- Creating appropriate individual and group sessions based on need(s) of clientele.
- Attending interdisciplinary team meetings as needed.
- Referring to other disciplines as needed/not practicing out of scope.
- Completing required documentation in timely manner.
- Providing care that is age appropriate to clientele
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music Therapy
- Board-Certified Music Therapist
- Trained as Neurologic Music Therapist (or willing to do training within 6-9 months of hire)
- Continued education in specialized areas of work for professional growth and development
Skills and Competencies: Music Therapist will be:
- Proficient in voice, guitar, percussion and keyboard.
- Proficient in word, excel, and Electronic Medical Record.
- A strong communicator, flexible and a team player.
- Self-motivated and organized.
Music Therapist will:
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with our mission, vision and shared values.
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility.
- Contribute to continuous quality improvement.
- Contribute to team effectiveness.
- Meet standards of confidentiality.
- Provide education to patients, caregivers and public.
Apply online at https://www.expressivetherapies.net/careersandinternships.html