Expressive Therapies would like to add another member to our fabulous team to provide music therapy services. Services are centered on unique and individual needs of each patient according to their plan of care. We provide services in office, in home, school based, and in the community within both individual and group capacities. Expressive Therapies is located in Appleton Wisconsin and we serve North East Wisconsin.
Detailed Job Description – Music Therapist will:
• Implement group and individual music therapy sessions.
• Complete initial assessments and treatment plans as referred.
• Create stimulating and developmentally & age appropriate individual and group sessions based on need(s) of clientele.
• Attend interdisciplinary team meetings as needed.
• Refer to other disciplines as needed/not practicing out of scope.
• Complete required documentation in timely manner.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Music Therapy
• Board-Certified Music Therapist
• Ideal Candidate will also have a Masters of Social Work or Counseling and be an LCSW or LPC along with MT-BC (but not a requirement)
• Ideal Candidate will also be NMT trained or willing to become trained if hired.
• Continued education in specialized areas of work for professional growth and development
• Must have reliable transportation, driving required.
• Must be a self-motivator, organized and able to work independently.
• Proficient in voice, guitar, percussion and keyboard.
• Proficient in word, excel, and Electronic Medical Record.
• A strong communicator, flexible and a team player.