Life in Harmony Music Therapy, LLC is seeking a full-time Music Therapist – Board Certified (MT-BC) who demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, confident musicianship, interest (or advanced training) in Neurologic Music Therapy, and a passion to serve others.
The music therapist will assess functional needs and implement appropriate interventions to target functional needs, provide 1:1 & small group sessions at LIH’s facilities and/or travel to sessions within the community, document progress from sessions in web-based documentation program, communicate professionally with social workers/family members/coworkers/clients, engage in team meetings and care planning meetings, accurately report units from sessions for billing purposes, maintain clean equipment, expand repertoire to meet needs of primary caseload (young children, teens, young adults, some adults), participate in team supervision and professional development opportunities, assist with shared team tasks such light cleaning, instrument repair, etc. The music therapist will independently manage a caseload of 27- 35+ individuals – caseload size is determined by the session frequency of visits, duration (30, 45, or 60 minute sessions), and location of the session (facility-based or travel to session). This job requires participation in LIH’s special events such as LIH’s annual recital, annual caroling event, annual agency birthday party, and LIH’s annual staff retreat, etc. Local travel is required for this position and mileage is reimbursed at the standard government rate. Please contact for additional information about regular job tasks.
Please note: This is not a contracted position. All supplies are provided and all hours are paid a consistent hourly wage for all work tasks (i.e. travel, doc, sessions, prep, etc.)
- Start date: Immediate (On or before January 6, 2020 – desired)
- Title: Music Therapist – Board Certified
- Location: La Crosse, WI/West Salem, WI (and surrounding areas)
- Status: Full-time (40 hrs per week, 80 hours per pay-period)
- Anticipated Schedule: TBD upon hire – must be available to work until early evening during the week (i.e. 7:15 PM). Tues – Sat desired.
- Wage: Negotiable, based on applicable clinical experience
- Populations/Setting: Various (primarily ages 3 – 25+ with various needs)
- Group Health Insurance, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Mileage reimbursment (standard mileage rate)
- Paid Time Off (holiday, personal, CMTE, etc.)
- Simple IRA
- Continuing Music Therapy Education Stipend
- Instrument Stipend (in addition to all equipment provided)
- American Music Therapy Association Annual Membership
- WI Dept of Safety and Professional Services Registry Fee (paid by LIH)
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (access to counseling services for work or personal related needs)
- Life insurance
- Additional resources available: Assigned work phone, professional supervision, shared company vehicles, NEW clinic space for sessions, various instruments, web-based applications for scheduling and documentation, opportunity for free CMTEs, a wonderful office assistant, and being part of a passionate team with over 40 years of collective experience!
ABOUT LIFE IN HARMONY MUSIC THERAPY, LLC
Life in Harmony Music Therapy, LLC is a fast growing small business offering music therapy services to individuals of all ages and abilities. Our team of six music therapists provide services at our main facility in West Salem (near La Crosse) as well as at our outreach facilities (Tomah, Viroqua, Black River Falls). Our agency operates a mobile music therapy studio (The Songbird Express) which was created to increase access to clinic-based music therapy services in rural communities.
LIH embodies a team-approach and employees can look forward to having a supportive team atmosphere with opportunities for professional development, coaching & supervision, and collaboration. The team approach has allowed LIH to expand music therapy services to more rural areas and is vital in covering services when a client’s primary music therapist is unavailable. As a team, we greatly value transparency, communication, willingness to be flexible, and a desire to learn. If you are looking to be part of a caring team of passionate music therapists, we invite you to read more below.
While we welcome candidates with diverse clinical experiences and theoretical orientations, please note that our team practices within the Neurologic Music Therapy model. NMT is an integral part of our communication, treatment planning, and team inner workings, thus, candidates must have a desire to complete the Neurologic Music Therapy training as soon as possible after hire (if not already completed prior). LIH offers CMTE stipends to assist with attending the NMT training(s) so this is a great opportunity to expand your professional development, earn credits towards recertification, and have assistance through the process!
Our team services various populations and ages; however, experience and a passion working with youth is essential. Especially individuals who have needs related to cognitive, communication, social, or emotional/behavioral needs. We work closely with area county social workers and care coordinators who utilize LIH for music therapy services to target a functional need. We are proud to have a music therapist registry through our state which allows access to various funding programs for music therapy.
We believe all individuals deserve compassion and respect. We value transparency, growth mindset, professionalism, independence, and willingness to be flexible. We strive to offer service consistency by practicing within the Neurologic Music Therapy model. We aim to provide PASSION and PURPOSE in every beat!